BOOK YOUR 2019-2020 SCHOOL FIELD TRIP TODAY!
History is fascinating when events and places are vividly brought to life through programs and stories that engage the senses, the mind and the imagination.
Whether students are learning about western history, our region’s natural resources, or planning which western artifact they would “purchase” as a ranch hand, Western Spirit: Scottsdale’s Museum of the West supports classroom curricula with a range of experiential learning.
FIELD TRIP RESOURCES
Request a time and date for your school’s visit by completing the field trip application form and submitting it to Education Manager Wade Weber at email@example.com.
Funding for museum admission and bus transportation for the 2019-2020 school year is available to Title 1 designated Arizona schools.
Our tours provide content to supplement instruction in the subject areas of:
- American History
- Western Studies (19 western states of the U.S. and the bordering provinces of Canada and states of Mexico)
- Visual and Language Arts
- Science (energy-efficient architecture and conservation of natural resources)
Our educational programming offers students access to the following and more:
- Hundreds of western artifacts including spurs, bits, and saddles
- Multi-media kiosks featuring informative narratives and stories
- Historic early western art and Native American objects
- Architectural and energy-efficient features of our building, which meet the highest standards for sustainability
- Age-appropriate children’s scavenger/treasure hunts
- Interactive educational activities and games
- Rotating exhibitions of artworks and objects from renowned collections and institutions
- Download the Frequently Asked Questions document for more information.
- Sign up for the museum’s educator mailing list to learn about upcoming programs and events.
- Read more about our Smithsonian Affiliate museum.
For additional information or to book a school tour, please contact Education Manager Wade Weber at 480-686-9539 ext. 212 or firstname.lastname@example.org.