As a Smithsonian Affiliate with award-winning architecture and landscape design, the museum provides an exceptionally unique environment that showcases the beauty and history of the American West. Rent it for your private and corporate events, weddings and celebrations, business meetings, presentations, performances, holiday parties and more.
Groups who choose to reserve the museum’s facilities for private use are also granted access to the building’s galleries for the duration of the event. Upon request, museum staff can arrange for docents and/or gallery guides to be available at the time of an event for no extra fee.
Western Spirit’s well-appointed facilities can easily accommodate groups of 25 to 500 and include:
- Scottsdale Charros Gateway Lobby: This welcoming area can be used as a reception or check-in space, as well as a counter area for food and beverage service.
- Virginia G. Piper Charitable Trust Theater/Auditorium: This impressive, approximately 2,000-square-foot space can be used as a theater or a reception venue, and features easy access to the museum’s surrounding galleries and sculpture courtyard. It is equipped with audio/visual system connections, Wi-Fi, a 10’ x 18’ projector screen and 135 scalable, retractable stadium seats. Capacity: 135 theater seats, or table seating for up to 150, or a reception for 120 – 200 guests.
- Christine and Ted Mollring Sculpture Courtyard: The museum’s open-air sculpture courtyard allows guests to celebrate among beautiful desert plantings and artworks by some of the American West’s most renowned artists. The courtyard is connected to the adjacent theater by a sliding barn door. Capacity: 117 guests
- Heritage Hall: This space pays tribute to distinguished individuals who helped to shape the American West, and transforms into a memorable location for event buffet tables or highboy tables.
- Outdoor Ramadas and Terraces: The museum’s ramadas and terraces set your event right in the heart of Scottsdale’s arts district and provide an open event space for small to large-sized groups. Available during the cooler months of the year. Capacity: Up to 500 guests
- General Information on Private Events
- List of Preferred Caterers
- Catering and Vendor Guidelines
- Parking Map
- Private Use Policies
For additional information about private events or to schedule a site visit, please contact Weronika Gaudyn at email@example.com.