If you haven’t visited the museum lately, now is the perfect opportunity to explore the many new artworks and exhibitions that have come to SMoW this season. You will See the West from a whole new perspective through our most recently opened exhibitions:
- Paul Calle’s Art of Exploration: From the Mountains to the Moon
- New Additions to Courage and Crossroads: A Visual Journey through the Early American West including a Northern Plains quilled and painted shirt with quilled and painted leggings, c. 1820s; Courtesy The Peterson Family Collection.
- Photographs by Barry M. Goldwater: The Arizona Highways Collection
- Charles M. Russell: The Women in His Life and Art — Perfect for viewing this month, which is Women’s History Month!
- New Beginnings: An American Story of Romantics and Modernists in the West
Plus, you should start seeing a new, fresh look in SMoW marketing materials around town. The museum’s fresh perspective on Western art, artifacts and culture is being pulled through into all of our outreach with our community — both locals and visitors alike!
The “Goldwater” ad depicted here was in the Scottsdale Progress’ March 10 edition and will be utilized in marketing and advertising efforts going forward.
There’s more to come!